Leadership matters. I support leaders and teams who are tackling the issues facing the modern workplace every day. Spending the time to assess, coach and develop leaders and their organizations to build the specific ecosystem they need to thrive, separates those who flourish and those who fail. Technology, processes, innovation all matter— the only advantage a competitor cannot replicate is leadership culture.
I have deep experience in facilitating complex business relationships and developing leaders. From large corporations to startups, I’ve tackled complex business structures, assisted in the launch of new ventures, coached individual leaders and guided companies into new phases of growth. I provide leadership development, organizational impact consulting, facilitation and executive coaching to companies who are serious about sustainable competitive advantage.
Barry comes to leadership and executive coaching through years of strategic consulting and change leadership. Through his work with Global 2000 clients at The Naisbitt Group, Barry learned the strategic importance of governance, organizational alignment and individual executive effectiveness. Barry has held top line revenue accountability for a US division of Hachette and the P/L for a global CRM solutions and strategy business unit for Alltel Information Services (NYSE:AT).
Barry’s coaching assignments center on senior leaders, high potential executives and extended development of leadership teams. Barry’s clients know that they can count on him to ask the tough questions and stay with them while they mine for answers that have impact.
- Leadership and executive coaching
- Global/ Virtual team coaching
- Board/ Operating committee development
- Facilitation/ Group process
- High potential executive development
- Strategic and cultural change
- Director, Business Development – The Naisbitt Group
- VP, Sales and Marketing – Krames Communications Founder, Matterhorn International
- Managing Director, Customer Management Solutions – Alltel Information Services (NYSE: AT)
- Founder and Managing Director – Entelechy Partners
BA, History; University of Texas, Austin, TX, 1981
Advanced Certificate in Leadership Coaching; Georgetown University in Washington, D.C., 2004
- Barry is a Vietnam Veteran
- Professional Credentialed Coach (PCC) from the International Coach Federation
- Vice-chair of the ICF Ethics and Standards committee 2010-2012
- Member, Deans Advisory Board – University of Arkansas Little Rock College of Business
- Credentialed for MBTI, TCI Team Assessment, TLCP 360 and Culture Survey
Barry serves on the faculty of the Georgetown University Leadership Coaching Certificate program, part of the Institute for Transformational Leadership in Georgetown’s Center for Professional Development. He has previously taught leadership in the EMBA program at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock and a guest lecturer for the Clinton Graduate School of Public Service at the University of Arkansas.
Calyx Managed Services Ltd.
Southwest Power Pool
Reed Smith LLP
UN Peacekeeping Operations
Delta Dental Plan of Arkansas
Wells Fargo Bank
Centers for Youth and Family
Ben E Keith Co.
Community and Other
- Member, Board of Trustees, Arkansas Symphony Orchestra
- Previous Member, Board of Directors, AK Rice Institute for Study of Social Systems
- Global Facilitation Volunteer, Rotary International
- Business Advisory Committee, Poplar ReCare
- Volunteer Facilitator, Women’s Union Entrepreneurial Development committee, Republic of Vietnam